PBX Engineering is an electrical, systems, and software engineering firm, with offices in Victoria, Vancouver, Squamish and Kelowna. We develop leading edge systems for municipal infrastructure, transportation, security, buildings, and industrial applications across Canada. Our extensive and diverse project portfolio includes infrastructure that positively impacts the public, as well as numerous award-winning projects.
The Vancouver or Victoria office is looking for a qualified Industrial Power Design Engineer to join the Industrial team.
PBX Vancouver and Victoria offices offer a challenging and rewarding environment. PBX employs innovative, critical thinkers who enjoy solving problems through creative and collaborative interaction. The selected candidate should be genuinely interested in participating in the mutually beneficial growth and technical development of a very strong and talented group of engineers and designers. Our diverse workload includes technical areas such as:
- Water and wastewater infrastructure including SCADA systems and Automation
- Power distribution systems including MV/HV substations, low voltage distribution, and grounding systems
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) including lighting design and traffic studies
- Security system design including CCTV, perimeter security, and access control platforms
- Building electrical systems including residential, commercial, and industrial facilities
Working closely with senior engineers, the Industrial Power Design Engineer will be an active member of the Industrial design team, with responsibility for project tasks in the following areas.
- Preparation of designs for all types of industrial systems for a variety of industrial facility types including marine ports and terminals, transit facilities, transportation infrastructure such as bridges and tunnels, municipal infrastructure such as pump stations and water treatment facilities, etc.
- Preparation of calculations and simulations including voltage drop, protection & coordination, arc flash, grounding, etc.
- Preparation of design documentation, including drawings, cost estimates, reports, and construction specifications
- Performing construction services and site reviews
- Performing system testing, commissioning, and troubleshooting
- Assisting with preparation of project proposals and project fees
- Responsible for producing design documentation and interfacing with clients with high level support from senior engineering staff
A successful candidate will help support and maintain the company’s large and diverse project portfolio, where opportunities for efficiencies will need to be identified and implemented in order to manage demands related to time and resources as the company grows and workload increases.
We are looking for someone who shares our passion for high quality work and who is interested in contributing positively to our corporate culture.
While in addition to experience with the above responsibilities, the qualifications for the position include:
- Eng. licenced to practice in the Province of BC
- Strong communication skills and effective interpersonal skills
- Minimum 6 years experience in electrical power design and engineering consulting environment
- Able to effectively deal with a high level of responsibility
- Independent thinker capable to design and manage design-bid-build projects
- Strong client relationship management and project management experience.
The PBX Environment
We are a different firm. We believe in supporting the long term career development of our staff through a diverse and challenging workload, industry engagement, and internal and external training. We apply the same effort in fostering a positive social environment as we do in developing innovative and successful projects. We continuously strive to make our firm the kind of place where people want to stay – and our benefits package and approach to compensation are structured to support that goal. We are looking for someone who shares our passion for high quality work and who is interested in contributing positively to our corporate culture.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to send their resumes, complete with references, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Industrial Power Design Engineer” in the subject line.