PBX Engineering is an electrical, systems, and software engineering firm in British Columbia & Alberta. We develop leading edge systems for municipal infrastructure, transportation, security, buildings, and industrial applications across Canada and the United States.
PBX requires a qualified Junior Proposal Writer to assist in facilitating our proposal and business development processes in BC & Alberta.
Supporting the Operations Lead, Pursuits Coordinator, and Communications Lead, the Junior Proposal Writer will be an active member of the Pursuits team, with responsibility for tasks in the following areas:
- Conduct and track online bid searches to identify appropriate commercial opportunities
- Analyze procurement documents
- Assist with the development of proposal content, coordinate with design staff to solicit content, compile complete proposals, and manage the proposal submission process
- Develop, maintain, and update proposal and marketing materials
- Develop and maintain document templates
- Assist with marketing activities
- Track business development, opportunities, and pursuits activities
- Work with project managers and design staff to prepare and create technical documentation including, but not limited to, presentations, requirements, specifications, descriptions, operational processes, manuals, technical memos, reports, construction specifications, training materials, and test plans
- Assist with the development and upkeep of internal documentation including, but not limited to, policies, procedures, and quality management documents
- Deliver high quality, brand-appropriate, accurate, and timely work to meet business goals
- Assist Operations Lead & Communications Lead with coordinating marketing events and creating other marketing material, such as presentations, business cards, signage, presentation and event materials, event planning, and strategic advertising
- Other duties as may reasonably be assigned
- Efficient and effective implementation of all the above, undertaken in a professional, courteous, and respectful manner
The successful candidate will help support and maintain the company’s large and diverse project portfolio. Efficiencies will need to be identified and implemented to manage time and resource demands as the company grows and workload increases.
We are looking for someone who shares our passion for high quality work and who is interested in contributing positively to our corporate culture.
While relevant experience is certainly an asset, we are far more interested in finding the right person and are willing to train. To succeed in this position, you will possess the following attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in English/Technical Writing/Engineering, or related field
- Minimum 2 years experience as a Proposal Writer, Technical Writer, or Pursuits Coordinator
- Exceptional writer and editor, impeccable English language skills
- Meticulous attention to grammar, punctuation, and the nuances of the written word
- Strong ability to understand complex technical information and translate it into “plain language”
- Solid knowledge of technical writing and editing principles and processes
- Strong organizational, planning, time management, and analytical skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Proficient with the MS Office suite
- A reasonable working knowledge of graphics programs, such as MS Visio, and Adobe InDesign, and an eye for basic graphic layout
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, where demands and deadlines shift frequently
- A professional demeanor
Benefits & Other Compensation
We provide a comprehensive benefits package that promotes employee health and wellness which includes the following:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits, including short and long-term disability, and life insurance
- Paid time off, including paid holidays, Sudden Illness, Injury & Childcare (SIIC) days
- A Maternity & Parental Leave Top Up Program
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) with company matching
- A Fitness & Wellness Incentive Program
- An Employee Assistance Program
- Annual bonus program based on company and personal performance
Qualified applicants are encouraged to send their resumes, complete with references, via email to email@example.com. Include “Junior Proposal Writer” in the subject line.
Resumes will be accepted until position filled.
PBX Engineering offers a challenging and rewarding environment. PBX employs innovative, critical thinkers who enjoy solving problems through creative and collaborative interaction. The selected candidate should be genuinely interested in participating in the mutually beneficial growth and technical development of a very strong and talented group of engineers and designers. Our diverse workload includes technical areas such as:
- Water and wastewater infrastructure including SCADA systems and Automation
- Power distribution systems including MV/HV substations, low voltage distribution, and grounding systems
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) including lighting design and traffic studies
- Security system design including CCTV, perimeter security, and access control platforms
- Building electrical systems including residential, commercial, and industrial facilities
We believe in supporting the long-term career development of our staff through a diverse and challenging workload, industry engagement, and internal and external training. We apply the same effort in fostering a positive social environment as we do in developing innovative and successful projects. We continuously strive to make our firm the kind of place where people want to stay – and our benefits package and approach to compensation are structured to support that goal.