PBX Engineering is an electrical, systems, and software engineering firm, with offices in Victoria, Vancouver, Squamish and Kelowna. We develop leading edge systems for municipal infrastructure, transportation, security, buildings, and industrial applications across Canada. Our extensive and diverse project portfolio includes infrastructure that positively impacts the public, as well as numerous award-winning projects.
The Vancouver or Victoria office requires a qualified project administrator to assist project managers in delivering projects.
PBX Vancouver and Victoria offer a challenging and rewarding environment. PBX employs innovative, critical thinkers who enjoy solving problems through creative and collaborative interaction. The selected candidate should be genuinely interested in participating in the mutually beneficial growth and technical development of a very strong and talented group of engineers and designers. Our diverse workload includes technical areas such as:
- Water and wastewater infrastructure including SCADA systems and Automation
- Power distribution systems including MV/HV substations, low voltage distribution, and grounding systems
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) including lighting design and traffic studies
- Security system design including CCTV, perimeter security, and access control platforms
- Building electrical systems including residential, commercial, and industrial facilities
Working closely with project managers, the financial director and the existing project administrators, the PA will have direct responsibility for all activities in project administration and other office administration duties. This will include the following:
- Generating and monitoring metrics related to the company’s project portfolio
- Tracking project budgets
- Producing client invoices
- Administering project contracts
- Supporting project managers
- General administrative support
A successful candidate will help support and maintain the company’s large and diverse project portfolio, where opportunities for efficiencies will need to be identified and implemented in order to manage demands related to time and resources as the company grows and workload increases.
We are looking for someone who shares our passion for high quality work and who is interested in contributing positively to our corporate culture.
While relevant experience is certainly an asset, we are far more interested in finding the right person and are willing to train. To succeed in this position, you will possess the following attributes:
- Minimum diploma in business/accounting field, or reasonable equivalent
- A passion for numbers and a sharp eye for detail
- Meticulous organization skills
- Strong work ethic and a self-motivated desire to get the job done
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to liaise effectively with diverse groups, including management
- Strong computer skills including good working knowledge of the MS Office suite
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in setting priorities and dealing with confidential and sensitive issues
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, where demands and deadlines shift frequently
- Able to effectively deal with a high level of responsibility and demanding work schedule
- Effective interpersonal skills and a positive, professional attitude
- A sense of humor
The PBX Environment
We are a different firm. We believe in supporting the long term career development of our staff through a diverse and challenging workload, industry engagement, and internal and external training. We apply the same effort in fostering a positive social environment as we do in developing innovative and successful projects. We continuously strive to make our firm the kind of place where people want to stay – and our benefits package and approach to compensation are structured to support that goal. We are looking for someone who shares our passion for high quality work and who is interested in contributing positively to our corporate culture.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to send their resumes, complete with references, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Project Administrator” in the subject line.