PBX Engineering is an electrical, systems, and software engineering firm, with offices in Victoria, Vancouver, Squamish and Kelowna. We develop leading edge systems for municipal infrastructure, transportation, security, buildings, and industrial applications across Canada. Our extensive and diverse project portfolio includes infrastructure that positively impacts the public, as well as numerous award-winning projects.
The Vancouver office requires an Office Services Coordinator to assist the Office Manager in delivering effective, people-centered office services.
PBX Vancouver offers a challenging and rewarding environment. PBX employs innovative, critical thinkers who enjoy solving problems through creative and collaborative interaction. Our diverse workload includes technical areas such as:
- Water and wastewater infrastructure including SCADA systems and Automation
- Power distribution systems including MV/HV substations, low voltage distribution, and grounding systems
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) including lighting design and traffic studies
- Security system design including CCTV, perimeter security, and access control platforms
- Building electrical systems including residential, commercial, and industrial facilities
Working closely with the Office Manager, the Office Services Coordinator will be a pro-active team member on the Office Services team. The position will be based in the Vancouver office, but will support efficient office operations at all PBX locations. Occasional travel may be required. The Office Services Coordinator will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Efficiently manage front desk responsibilities and maintain a professional and organized workspace
- Answer and appropriately direct incoming phone calls
- Greet and direct visitors
- Maintain presentable office spaces; including unloading/loading dishwashers and cleaning tasks
- Manage incoming and prepare outgoing mail, couriers and faxes
- Promptly respond to employee requests through team-based email
- Monitor and order office and health and safety supplies in accordance with company purchasing guidelines
- Assist with monitoring and coordinating building and facilities maintenance repairs and requests
- Provide general office support with filing, scanning, printing and other tasks as required
- Monthly credit card and petty cash reconciliation, vehicle tracking and entry into financial system
- Manage annual subscription renewals
- Conduct company vehicle inspections and coordinate service maintenance
- Assist senior leadership team with meetings, travel, errands and ad hoc requests
- Assist with planning and facilitating social functions, staff conferences ,and client events
- Book and coordinate meetings and lunch and learns; including catering requests
- Arrange travel for employees in accordance with company travel guidelines
- Act as a designated Level 1 First Aid Attendant (training will be provided)
- Assist as directed on projects and tasks given by the Office Manager
The successful candidate will help support and maintain the company’s large and diverse project portfolio, where opportunities for efficiencies will need to be identified and implemented in order to manage demands related to time and resources as the company grows and workload increases.
We are looking for someone who shares our passion for high quality work and who is interested in contributing positively to our corporate culture.
While relevant experience is certainly an asset, we are far more interested in finding the right person and are willing to train. To succeed in this position, you will possess the following attributes:
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- High school diploma required; a certificate/diploma/degree in Business Administration an asset
- 1-2 years of administrative experience in a fast-paced organization
- Organized and self-motivated; takes initiative to independently problem solve
- Professional and positive demeanor
- Proactively looks for opportunities for process improvement and innovative ideas to inspire positive employee experiences
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and experience building strong working relationships
- Computer savvy and familiar with Microsoft Office suite (Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Committed to doing great work and providing stellar customer service to PBX employees
- Will roll up your sleeves to take on any task that needs to get done
- Capable of lifting items around 40 lbs
- This role requires working in the office full-time
- Valid BC Driver’s Licence
- Bonus if you have a valid BC Occupational First Aid Level 1 Certificate
While relevant experience is certainly an asset, we are far more interested in finding the right person and are willing to train.
The PBX Environment
We are a different firm. We believe in supporting the long-term career development of our staff through a diverse and challenging workload, industry engagement, and internal and external training. We apply the same effort in fostering a positive social environment as we do in developing innovative and successful projects. We continuously strive to make our firm the kind of place where people want to stay – and our benefits package and approach to compensation are structured to support that goal. We are looking for someone who shares our passion for high quality work and who is interested in contributing positively to our corporate culture.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to send their resumes, complete with references, via email to email@example.com. Include “Office Services Coordinator” in the subject line.
Resumes will be accepted until position filled.