Ms. Sommer is a Design Engineer with PBX Engineering in Victoria, British Columbia. She has over 10 years’ experience as a consulting electrical engineer providing new build and renovation design solutions to the buildings and industrial sectors including Healthcare, Correctional, Education, and Municipal facilities. Her design experience includes new utility services, normal, emergency, and standby power distribution, lighting and lighting controls, centralized UPS systems, and coordination and arc flash studies.
Andrea believes best results are achieved by developing long term relationships with clients and obtaining input from user groups as early as possible in the design process. These beliefs are key foundations of her work.
She is experienced in all aspects of engineering project management and implementation from feasibility studies through the design and construction stages as well as providing prime consultant services. Project highlights:
- Gorge Road Hospital Hydro Service and Main Distribution Upgrade
- Saanich Municipal Water System Arc Flash Hazard Analysis
- Nanaimo Correctional Centre Emergency Power and Main Distribution Upgrade
- Care Facility & Hospital energy efficient lighting upgrades
- Port Hardy Primary Care Centre new building electrical, lighting, fire alarm, and structured cabling design.
Andrea believes energy management and sustainability are important considerations during the design process and has obtained an Advanced Certificate in Sustainable Energy Management to enhance her knowledge in this area.